Our approach to privacy
1. At Glen Travel we are committed to preserving the privacy of our customers and visitors to this website.
When we collect personal information
3. We ask for personal information from you in a number of circumstances:
3.1 when you make a travel booking with us or purchase any other product or service from us – whether online or through our sales team
3.2 when you contact us to discuss a booking or ask us to assist with online check-in or booking management services
3.3 when you register for our loyalty programme or subscribe to our e-mail notification service or enter competitions or register for promotions
3.4 when you take part in surveys or provide us with feedback.
In some cases we may use other available information about you (for example from credit reference agencies, anti-fraud screening services, publicly available on-line information and CCTV) for the purposes listed in sections 4.10 and 4.11 below.
Why we collect personal information
4. We collect personal information to help us deliver an effective service as follows:
4.1 to fulfil any existing and/or future travel booking you make with us including necessary reservation, payment and ticketing arrangements and administration associated with the travel arrangements (exceptionally this may include sensitive personal data, for example relating to your health or disabilities) and you recognise that, by providing us with such sensitive personal data, you give your explicit consent to us to process such data for the purposes set out in this policy;
4.2 to provide any other product or service you have purchased from us;
4.3 to deal with any queries or requests you have regarding your booking and manage any amendments you may wish to make to travel arrangements or changes we need to advise you about;
4.4 to fulfil security, customs, immigration and border control requirements associated with your reservation which may include providing information to the police and appropriate government agencies;
4.5 to make information available to appropriate third parties where necessary in the event of an emergency;
4.6 to provide you with information about products, services and promotions that may be of interest to you unless you have asked us not to contact you;
4.7 to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
4.8 for quality assurance testing, market analysis, systems testing, analysis of statistics, benchmarking, auditing and performance measures (which may include monitoring or recording your telephone conversations with us for the purposes set out herein);
4.9 for arranging and administering your insurance products;
4.10 for payment card verification and anti-fraud screening; and
4.11 for administrative and legal purposes (including handling complaints, claims and legal proceedings) and to apply our terms & conditions.
Our approach to direct marketing
5. We may contact you from time to time to provide you with information which we think you may find of interest. Contact may be made by post, telephone, email or social media unless you have indicated in the appropriate section of the registration process that you do not wish to receive this information. You can contact us at any time to remove your details from our marketing database, please email us at: [email protected], call us on 01698 829511 or write to us at: Glen Travel, 227 Glasgow Road, Blantyre. G72 0YS.
When we may disclose information to third parties
6. We may disclose personal information to third parties, including credit card companies, airlines and third party suppliers in connection with the purposes explained above. We may disclose personal information as part of due legal process and as otherwise permitted or required by law. Some of these third parties may be located outside the European Economic Area.
7. If we sell, assign or transfer the assets of our business, or if our business is merged, or enters into a joint venture with another business entity, we reserve the right to sell or transfer the databases maintained by us (including any personal information provided by you).
8. We employ security measures to protect the information provided by you from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Cookies and IP addresses
9. Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilises a standard technology to collect information about how our website is used by individual computers connected to the internet. Information is gathered through cookies and Web server logs which allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the site for you.
Accessing your information
11. You are entitled to see a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. If you wish to do this, please send us your request in writing, signed and dated to the address below along with:
- your full name and address;
- a photocopy of your passport or driving licence, so that we can verify your identity;
- details of the personal data you require (along with any further details which may help us to identify you, such as dates and times of flights, destination and booking reference number if you know this); and
- a cheque for £10 made payable to Glen Travel (in respect of our administration fee).
If you are requesting a copy of personal data on behalf of a third party, please also send to us a signed authority from the individual whose data is required and a copy of their passport or driving licence. If the third party is a child under the age of 16, the written authority should come from a person with parental responsibility (along with a copy of a the child’s passport).
Please send your request to: Data Protection Dept, Glen Travel, 227 Glasgow Road, Glasgow G72 0YS ”
Special Notice for Customers Travelling to the United States of America
12. Passengers making reservations to destinations in the United States of America should note that in accordance with an International Agreement between the European Union and the United States, we are required to transfer to the US Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”) certain travel and reservation data about passengers flying between the European Union and the United States of America. US authorities use this information for preventing and combating terrorism and other transnational serious crimes. For further information about the way in which the DHS uses this data please see www.dhs.gov
13. All comments, queries and other requests relating to our use of personal information should be sent by post to the Customer Services, Glen Travel, 227 Glasgow Road, Blantyre. G72 0YS